What is a Cookie?
Cookies are files that are stored in the computer of the user browsing the Internet and specifically contain a number that uniquely identifies the user’s computer, even if he/she changes locations or IP addresses.
Cookies are installed during Internet browsing, either by the websites visited by the user or by third parties with whom the website relates. They allow the user to know their activity on the site or in others with which it relates, for example: the place from which the user accesses, the time of connection, the device from which the accesses (fixed or mobile), the operating system and browser used, the most visited pages, the number of clicks made and data regarding the user’s behaviour on the Internet.
The website is accessible without the need for cookies to be activated, however, its deactivation may prevent the proper functioning of the website.
Types of Cookies
Cookies can be classified according to the body that manages them, the time they remain active or according to their purpose. Sometimes we can verify that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
Based on their ownership
- First-party cookies: are those sent to the user’s computer from a computer or domain managed by PTKDELECUADOR S.A.
- Third-party cookies: are those sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by PTKDELECUADOR S.A., but by another body that processes the data obtained through cookies.
Based on their lifespan
- Session cookies: are that collect data while the user is browsing the website.
- Persistent cookies: are those in which the data are still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the cookie controller which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Based on their purpose
- Technical Cookies: are those that are used internally and that are necessary for the operation of the website.
- Analytical cookies: are those that allow the collection of statistical information about the users’ activity. This information is collected anonymously and allows us to optimize the browsing of our website in order to guarantee a better service to the user.
- Personalization cookies: are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as language, type of browser through which the service is accessed, setting from where you access the service, control traffic and data communication, or access restricted access sections, etc.
- Advertising cookies: are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces that, if applicable, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which the adds are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces that, if applicable, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information about the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Analysis cookies: PTKDELECUADOR S.A., through the Website, uses Google Analytics and Google Adservices/ Syndication, services provided by Google, Inc., company whose head office is at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States (hereinafter, “Google”).
Behavioural advertising cookies
Each time a user visits the Website he/she is assigned a persistent cookie that, for a certain period, stores information about his/her behavior through observation of their browsing habits on the Website, which allows PTKDELECUADOR S.A. to identify the user and show him/her certain advertising based on such habits. Once users leave the Website, they will be shown advertising of the Website’s products or services they were interested in.
Also, if users browse other websites where advertisements on PTKDELECUADOR S.A. services are shown, we inform them that the display of the ads is managed through data obtained through a cookie that we may have access to in order to track the advertising campaign related to that advertisement and to show them certain advertising.
These are the Cookies that are used on the Website:
|Píxel de Facebook.||Optimizing, building segmented audiences.||Session.||Facebook (own management).|
Thus, you can block Cookies through the browser settings tools, or you can set up your browser to notify you when a server wants to save a Cookie:
- If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, in the menu option Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings.
- If you use Firefox, in the menu option Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies.
- If you use Google Chrome, in the menu option Settings > Privacy
- If you use Safari, in the menu option Preferences > Security
You can use the “Help” section in the toolbar of most browsers to change your computer settings, however, some of the features of our online services may not work or may be more difficult to access if you reject all cookies.
Many browsers allow you to activate a private mode through which cookies are always deleted after your visit. Depending on each browser, this private mode can have different names, below you can find a list of the most common browsers and the different names of this “private mode”:
- Internet Explorer 8 and above: InPrivate
- FireFox 3.5 and above: Private Browsing
- Google Chrome 10 and above: Incognito
- Safari 2 and above: Private Browsing
- Opera 10.5 and above: Private Browsing
Please read the help section of your browser carefully to learn more about how to activate the “private mode”. You can continue to visit our Website even if your browser is in “private mode”, however, the user experience may not be optimal and some functions may not work.
Should the user decide to disable all Cookies, the quality and speed of the service may decrease and may even lose access to some of the services or sections offered on this Website. You can find more information about cookies at: allaboutcookies.org